The Government will ensure that the Parliament as the Legislature will be given the support it deserves to perform all its functions.
This will include:
– Full funding for its maintenance and upkeep
– Full funding of all Parliamentary Committees to carry their roles and responsibilities
– Reviewing of staffing levels and grade in particular the creation of more legal officers, draftsman, etc
– Equipping of offices with IT equipment
– Increase support staff grades and numbers for Backbenchers
– An annual grant to be determined by the Salaries Remuneration Commission (SRC) for all Members of Parliament for the purpose of rental of office and accommodation in Port Moresby and the electorate, recruitment of qualified staff, purchase of vehicles, office equipment’s such as computers and mobile phones
– These funds will be channeled to the districts.